Boating Safety Course
The Boat US Foundation offers the only online boating safety course developed specifically for your state. They also offer a wide range of advanced courses that will help you gain the knowledge to make you confident in any boating situation you encounter.
Know Your Boundaries
Use these step-by-step instructions to learn how to operate your boat. Includes engine and throttle operations, as well as tips on coming to a full stop, being careful with other boaters, and safety for additional passengers.
Wake Surfing Done Right
Use these tips from the Wake Sports Industry Association to wake responsibly:
- Stay at least 200 feet away from the shoreline, docks, or other structures.
- Keep music at reasonable levels. Sounds travels well over water. If it's loud enugh to hear at 80 feet back, it is likely loud enough for homeowners to hear, too.
- Minimize repetitive pases on any one portion of the shoreline. Once you've run the same line for a while, move on to another area.
Remember, you are responsible for your own wake.
Getting on the Water
Before you take your boat out, make sure you have the following items on board:
- Personal Flotation Device (1 for each person, including children and infants)
- VHF Radio
- First Aid Kit
- Throwable Cushion or Ring
- U.S. Coast Guard Kit
Find many of the items you need (and much more) in our convenient Boating Starter Kit available at ShopYamaha.com!
Owning Your Boat
|There's a lot that goes into owning a boat, but it should also be a rewarding experience. There's a lot you can do to make sure your time on a Yamaha boat is fun and that you're practicing safe habits.||Limited Warranty|
|Before stepping on your boat, make sure you read the owner's manual for information on operation and safety.||Owner's Manuals|
|Servicing your own boat? Service manuals are now for purchase as a hardcopy or an eBook.||Buy Service Manuals|
|Your boat requires regular maintenance after several hours of use, so download a maintenance guide and keep track of all service intervals.||Maintenance Guides|
|Finally, make sure you have all required safety accessories and gear. You can find personal flotation devices, fenders, starter kits, and more at ShopYamaha.com. Plus, pick up some Yamalube® quality care and maintenance items, search for parts, and show off your Yamaha style with apparel and gifts!||Visit ShopYamaha.com|
Boating Life Hacks eBook
Maximize Your Fun on the Water
Here are some tips and tricks to keep your memories sweet:
- Don't have a float? Learn how to make one from a lifejacket.
- Need a cooler? Use a pool float to make a floating icebox.
- Stereo not working? All you need is a cupholder and a phone.
- & many more!
Where to Ride