KENNESAW, GA – August 14, 2023 – Yamaha WaterCraft, a division of Yamaha U.S. Marine Business Unit, today unveiled an all-new 1.9L High Output (HO) marine engine for Yamaha Boats and WaveRunners® at the group’s 2024 Product Premiere held this week in Marco Island, FL.
This new 1898cc, four-stroke, four-cylinder, 16-valve High Output marine engine replaces the Yamaha 1812cc High Output motor that powered select Yamaha boats and WaveRunners. The more powerful engine provides quicker and smoother acceleration and a higher top speed. This is achieved through the engine's increased displacement, optimized intake, and exhaust paths, and a 10-percent larger throttle body for more power and torque.
Key Features and Benefits of the 1.9L HO Yamaha Marine Engine:
- Charging system reliability is improved by sourcing cooling water for the regulator/rectifier from the cylinder head rather than the exhaust manifold. This helps the 1.9L HO marine engine’s water-cooled regulator/rectifier work at maximum efficiency to power today’s advanced onboard electronics.
- The taper on the new throttle body has been removed for a smoother, crisper throttle response, making the new 1.9L HO engine an honest competitor to other brands’ supercharged motors. Additionally, the new throttle body design moves vital electronics inboard for better protection during service procedures.
- New 1.9L HO engine features easier maintenance with a relocated oil fill and thermostat, an easier-to-access crankcase anode, and a new intake manifold design featuring long runners and a flatter outside shape for easier engine removal. The crankcase assembly has a new shape, while a shape change at the cam gear location allows easier access for maintenance and better oil flow throughout the engine for improved lubrication and cooling.
- Yamaha also modernized the look of the new 1.9L HO marine engine with an all-new black anodized engine cover and exhaust manifold for a sleek, powerful, high-performance look. The engine cover is also one of the first Yamaha-manufactured parts to include plant-derived cellulose nanofiber (CNF) reinforced resin. In addition to being more than 25 percent lighter than existing resin materials, CNF-reinforced resin also has excellent material recyclability, leading to a reduction in plastics used and greenhouse gas emissions, mainly carbon dioxide.
Models receiving the new 1.9L HO engine include:
- 19-Foot: SX190, AR190, 190 FSH® Sport
- 22-Foot: 222S, 222SE, 222SD, 222XE, 222XD, 222 FSH® Sport, 222 FSH® Sport E
- 25-Foot: SX250, AR250, 252S, 252SE, 252SD, 252XE, 252 FSH® Sport
- VX Series: VX Cruiser® HO, VX® Limited HO
- GP Series: GP HO™
- FX Series: FX® HO, FX Cruiser® HO
- Name: 1.9L HO marine engine
- Type: 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, 16-valve
- Intake: Naturally Aspirated
- Horsepower: 200hp
- Displacement: 1898cc
- Cooling: Open Loop
- Fuel Grade: Reg Unleaded
- Fuel Capacity: 18.5gal
- Oil Capacity: 3.7L
- Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
Award-Winning Customer Service
Yamaha WaterCraft has won more National Marine Manufacturers Association's (NMMA®) Customer Service Index Awards in the Personal Watercraft and Jet Boat categories than any other brand in the 20-year history of the prestigious honor. This award is based on customer surveys and is a testament to Yamaha's commitment to providing the best customer service in the powersports and marine industry.
About Yamaha WaterCraft
Yamaha’s WaterCraft Group, based in Kennesaw, GA, is responsible for the sales, marketing, and distribution of Yamaha boats and WaveRunner watercraft in the U.S. Supporting more than 800 marine and powersports dealers nationwide, Yamaha is the industry leader in reliability, performance, technology, and customer service.
This document contains many of Yamaha's valuable trademarks. It may also include trademarks belonging to other companies. Any references to other companies or their products are for identification purposes only and are not intended to be an endorsement. Product and specifications are subject to change without notice. Some specifications and measurements may be approximate and subject to different factors and variables.
WaveRunner® is a Yamaha brand personal watercraft and not a generic term. © 2023 Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. All rights reserved.